Re: Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver, Spock.

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver, Spock.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mohan, Ross wrote:
> Hello Postgres'ers,
>
> Oracle newbie to PG here, curious about best books and online
> resources. A *lot* of what I am finding in google is one to four year
> old p*ssing contest with MySQL vs. Postgres (don't care) or "Why
> doesn't PostGres support five level hypergalactic triple ACID Phase
> Inverters on the Debian/Slack Leenucks 3.0(a) kernel" (also don't
> care, at least yet ;-))
>
> Just have a small oracle db to move over to PG. And I want it to go
> well, be robust, manageable etc. So...that's the kind of
> book/community I am looking for.
>
> Any pointers?

Having recently done this myself, check out ora2pg.  Very helpful, and
will do much of the work for you.  There are also section in the
documentation dealing with this particular topic (since so many people
want to do it.)

--
Guy Rouillier