Re: pg_dump question

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: pg_dump question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Oct 5, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Judith wrote:

>  Hello every body!!  I have a quesyion respect pg_dump...........
>
>    I need to backup the db structure, I suposse that I do with
> pg_dump -s, but I want to restore but just with some tables with
> the db catalogues, can I do this?, I mean, restore al the db
> structure without data and after restore the data of the catalogues
> tables??

Don't worry about the catalog tables.  If all you want is the schema
dumped and restored then, yes, use the -s flag.  The data in the
catalog tables is built as the schema is rebuilt during the restore,
i.e postgres takes care of those for you.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888