Re: Adding a Language and Creating a Function

От Dean Scott
Тема Re: Adding a Language and Creating a Function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to all.  I got it figured out.  Redhat had an older version of
PostgreSQL on my computer and I installed a newer version.  I had referenced
the Redhat version in my createlang command.  When I changed the path to my
new file it worked.

Sorry for the trouble

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Scott [mailto:ScottD@FamilyMeds.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 9:30 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Adding a Language and Creating a Function

Hi,
I'm relatively new to PostgreSQL and have a need to create a function with
PL/pgSQL.

When I use the createlang utility:
createlang -U postgres -L /usr/lib/pgsql plpgsql dbname

I get:
ERROR: Load of file /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so failed: undefined symbol:
fmgr_pl_finfo
createlang: language installation failed

I have also tried from within psql using the CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL
LANGUAGE command and it also fails with the same error.

I am using postgresql-7.1.3 configured from source with no configure options
on Redhat Linux 7.0

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Dean