Re: Question: PostgreSQL on Amazon linux EC2

От Ajay Patel
Тема Re: Question: PostgreSQL on Amazon linux EC2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you Flavio, this is helpful.

Have you faced any other challenges or any other problems after installing Postgres?

Warm regards,
Ajay

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 4:45 PM Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel <fhagur@gmail.com> wrote:

Em seg., 6 de jul. de 2020 às 21:55, Ajay Patel <mailajaypatel@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hi Postgres team,

I would like to know if PostgreSQL can be installed and used without any issues on Amazon Linux EC2 machines.

Yes you can, but not with the repositories at yum.postgresql.org. There's a dependency of a package that only exists on RHEL or CentOS and fail.

I was going through the documentation and couldn't find very specific details related to support.

Any input will be much helpful.

You'll be able to :
- compile PostgreSQL
- download and install rpm packages by hand
-  use a Amazon provided repo that installs more recent Postgres versions - actually not up-to-date.

After struggling with the points above I decided just to use CentOS on EC2. It works perfectly and from CentOS 7 and up it is supported by AWS on all instance types and their exquisite hardware like network interfaces for EBS performance.

Flavio Gurgel