Re: Foreign key joins revisited

От Sascha Kuhl
Тема Re: Foreign key joins revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Could you make

JOIN key ?

Joel Jacobson <joel@compiler.org> schrieb am So., 26. Dez. 2021, 19:52:
On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, at 19:33, Sascha Kuhl wrote:
> The Syntax is great. Which language does it come from. I consider it not german. But I understand it mathematically.
> Great extension.

It doesn't come from any language. But I've seen similar features in ORMs, such as the jOOQ Java project. [1]

Actually, I think jOOQ's "ON KEY" terminology might be something to take inspiration from.
In jOOQ, it's a Java method .onKey(), but I think it would look nice in SQL too:

    LEFT JOIN role r ON KEY p.permission_role_id_fkey

I think it would be nice if we could simply using dot "." instead of "->" or whatever.
I think it should be possible since "ON KEY" would avoid any ambiguity in how to interpret what comes after.
We would know "permission_role_id_fkey" is a foreign key name and not a column.
Or is the grammar too sensitive for such creativity?

/Joel

Сообщение: Re: Foreign key joins revisited
Сообщение: Re: Foreign key joins revisited