Re: Logical Decoding Failover

От Colin Morelli
Тема Re: Logical Decoding Failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Simon,

That's too bad. Logical decoding is incredibly powerful, but if it ultimately comes down to picking between HA or logical decoding the choice to use it becomes a lot more difficult.

Are you saying that logical decoding is receiving a different design in 10.0? (For clarify - is 10.0 the next scheduled release after 9.6 - so next year?). If so, I'd greatly appreciate any more info you have on the new design (even patches if you have them).

Best,
Colin

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:53 AM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 6 August 2016 at 04:17, Colin Morelli <colin.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using logical decoding in my application to capture change streams and
> ship them to Kafka. However, logical replication slots aren't included in
> the WAL and thus don't make it to replicas. In the case of a failover, it's
> not clear what (if anything) can be done to continue receiving a change
> stream.
>
> I noticed there was a failover slot patch that looks like it won't be making
> it for 9.6 (if at all), but does anyone else have suggestions for handling
> failover + logical decoding? Is there an answer, or is it limited to being a
> very manual process for now?

Hi Colin,

Yes, its a current issue.

A patch was submitted but not applied to 9.6 for this, so the issue
continues. As a result, 2Q support that as a custom solution for a
number of customers.

A different design will be submitted for the next release, 10.0.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: Logical Decoding Failover
Сообщение: Re: Logical Decoding Failover