psql: can't get readline support

От Denis Gantsev
Тема psql: can't get readline support
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello psql-novice
I am trying to compile postgres with readline support, but no luck, even if I am pretty sure I have readline available...
denis ~/CProjects/postgres (REL_12_STABLE) $ pkg-config --libs readline
-L/usr/local/lib -lreadline

denis ~/CProjects/postgres (REL_12_STABLE) $ pwd
/home/denis/CProjects/postgres

./
configure --with-readline=yes
checking readline/readline.h usability... yes
make
sudo make install

But then when using it:
denis ~/CProjects/postgres (REL_12_STABLE) $ which psql
/home/denis/CProjects/postgres/bin/psql
denis ~/CProjects/postgres (REL_12_STABLE) $ psql -d postgres
psql (12.0)
Type "help" for help.

postgres
=# \s history is not supported by this installation
System: Linux 4.15
Readline version: 8.0
gcc (GCC) 9.2.0

Could someone kindly help?