Re: PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?

От Antonio Rodriges
Тема Re: PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott, regardless of operating system support for DMA, an application
may not benefit from it if it doesn't use appropriate system calls.

PostgreSQL is implemented mostly in C, so I do not know whether it
needs to use special procedure calls, however this is true, for
example, for Java
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-zerocopy/

--
Kind regards,
Antonio Rodriges

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?