Re: BUG #17271: Updating enum columns type fails when constraints exist

От Amaury Dumoulin
Тема Re: BUG #17271: Updating enum columns type fails when constraints exist
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response.
I believe it should fail.

However the error message should state that the constraint is blocking the operation.
The current error message makes it hard to make a connection to the culprit.

The reason we did not go for ADD VALUE is that we use the same approach to change all values at once by redefining the enum.
First ORM reasons which evolved to an internal standard (which we should change based on your suggestion).

What do you think?