Re: pgsql: docs: fist draft version of the PG 12 release notes

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: pgsql: docs: fist draft version of the PG 12 release notes
Дата
Re: pgsql: docs: fist draft version of the PG 12 release notes
Список pgsql-committers
+<listitem>
+<!--
+Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
+2018-07-28 [d2086b08b] Reduce path length for locking leaf B-tree pages during
+Author: Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>
+2019-03-25 [f21668f32] Add "split after new tuple" nbtree optimization.
+Author: Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>
+2019-04-23 [9b1092626] Prevent O(N^2) unique index insertion edge case.
+-->
+
+<para>
+Improve speed of btree index insertions (Alexander Korotkov, Peter Geoghegan)
+</para>

If we group these very heterogeneous together, then Peter's name
probably should go first.  Because he authored two quite complex
optimization, while my one is rather simple.

+<para>
+ LOOKUP, INDEX CLEANUP IMPROVEMENTS?
+</para>
+</listitem>

Hmm... What is this paragraph supposed to mean?  Did you have an idea
to group more commit into this item?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company