Re: [HACKERS] Double shared memory allocation for SLRU LWLocks

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Double shared memory allocation for SLRU LWLocks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
It seems to me that we're allocating shared memory for SLRU lwlocks twice,
unless I'm missing something.
I think you are right.

Did you check previous versions? i.e. should it be applyed to previous branches?? I suppose yes, to minimize code difference.

Problem was introduced by fe702a7b.  I think it would be good to backpatch to 9.6.  Besides it doesn't cause any user-visible problem, nevertheless it's a bug.

Also I'd like an idea to add Assert(offset <= SimpleLruShmemSize(nslots, nlsns)) at the end of SimpleLruInit()

Good point.  Please, find it in attached patch.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning