Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
attached patch implements quad-tree on ranges. Some performance results in comparison with current GiST indexing.
Index creation is slightly slower. Probably, it need some investigation. Search queries on SP-GiST use much more pages. However this comparison can be not really correct, because SP-GiST can pin same buffer several times during one scan. In CPU search queries on SP-GiST seems to be slightly faster. Dramatical difference in "column <@ const" query is thanks to 2d-mapping.

Patch with another SP-GiST implementation for ranges is attached. It uses k-d tree instead of quad-tree. I would like to leave only one implementation of SP-GiST for ranges. I'm going to do as comprehensive testing as I can for it.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Сообщение: Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree