Re: Patch Review: Collect frequency statistics and selectivity estimation for arrays

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Patch Review: Collect frequency statistics and selectivity estimation for arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Nathan Boley <npboley@gmail.com> wrote:
First, it makes me uncomfortable that you are using the MCV and histogram slot
kinds in a way that is very different from other data types.

I realize that tsvector uses MCV in the same way that you do but:

1) I don't like that very much either.
2) TS vector is different in that equality ( in the btree sense )
   doesn't make sense, whereas it does for arrays.
Actually, not MCV slot is used but MCELEM. It is a different slot. ps_stats view map both into same fileds. Surely, non-standard use of histogram slot should be avoided.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.

Сообщение: Re: Small patch for GiST: move childoffnum to child
Сообщение: Re: Small patch for GiST: move childoffnum to child