Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
> You mentioned that probably there cannot be TOASTed values in the index.
> I need to settle this question in more deterministic way.
> Can you point where to look at the code or who to ask:
> Can there be TOASTed values in index tuples?

Yes.  We don't allow out-of-line values, but we do allow compressed and
short-header values.

If you don't believe me, look at index_form_tuple().

OK.
So GiST opclass should either implement decompress method with detoasting or detoast every input key in all other methods.

BTW, this comment looks still invalid for me...
#define SIGLENINT  4 /* >122 => key will toast, so very slow!!! */

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company