Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 8:49 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 2020-03-31 08:48, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 05:00:01PM +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> >> What do think about adding following sanity check into xlogarchive.c?
> >>
> >> +#ifdef FRONTEND
> >> +#error "This file is not expected to be compiled for frontend code"
> >> +#endif
> >>
> >> It would prevent someone from adding typedefs and any other common
> >> definitions into xlogarchive.h in the future, leading to the accidental
> >> inclusion of both xlogarchive.h and fe_archive.h in the same time.
> > I don't see much the point as this would fail to compile anyway, and
> > that's not project-style.  Note that we have already a clear
> > separation here between the backend and the frontend code here as
> > xlogarchive.h is backend-only and fe_archive.h is frontend-only.
>
> Why is fe_archive.c in src/common/ and not in src/fe_utils/?  It is not
> "common" to frontend and backend.

Yep, this seems wrong to me.  I can propose following file rename.

src/common/fe_archive.c => src/fe_utils/archive.c
include/common/fe_archive.h => include/fe_utils/archive.h

> It actually defines functions that clash with functions in the backend,
> so this seems doubly wrong.

Let's have frontend version of RestoreArchivedFile() renamed as well.
What about RestoreArchivedFileFrontend()?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company