Re: SQL/JSON path issues/questions

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: SQL/JSON path issues/questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> I've been reading through the documentation regarding jsonpath and
> jsonb_path_query etc., and I have found it lacking explanation for
> some functionality, and I've also had some confusion when using the
> feature.

BTW, I've some general idea about jsonpath documentation structure.
Right now definition of jsonpath language is spread between sections
"JSON Types" [1] and "JSON Functions, Operators, and Expressions" [2].
Thank might be confusing.  I think it would be more readable if whole
jsonpath language definition would be given in a single place.  I
propose to move whole definition of jsonpath to section [1] leaving
section [2] just with SQL-level functions.  Any thoughts?

Links.

1. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/datatype-json.html#DATATYPE-JSONPATH
2. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-json.html#FUNCTIONS-SQLJSON-PATH

------