Re: Psql patch to show access methods info

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Psql patch to show access methods info
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 8:34 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 5:02 AM Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Thank you for the review.  Revised patch is attached.
> >

> Thanks for working on comments and providing a new patch.
> One small observation I noticed:
> postgres=# \dAc brin oid
>              Index access method operator classes
>   AM  | Input type | Storage type | Operator class | Default?
> ------+------------+--------------+----------------+----------
>  brin | oid        |              | oid_minmax_ops | yes
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# \dAcx brin oid
>              Index access method operator classes
>   AM  | Input type | Storage type | Operator class | Default?
> ------+------------+--------------+----------------+----------
>  brin | oid        |              | oid_minmax_ops | yes
> (1 row)
>
> Output of \dAc and \dAcx seems to be same. Is this expected?

It might seem strange, but majority of psql commands allows arbitrary
suffixes and ignore them.  For instance:

postgres=# \dt
Did not find any relations.
postgres=# \dtttttt
Did not find any relations.

I think if we want to fix this, we should do it in a separate path,
which would fix at the psql commands.

BTW, new revision of the patch is attached.  It contains cosmetic
changes to the documentation, comments etc.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения