Re: JSONPATH documentation

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: JSONPATH documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:10 PM Steven Pousty <steve.pousty@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the education on the path spec. Too bad it is in a zip doc - do you know of a place where it is publicly
availableso we can link to it? Perhaps there is some document or page you think would be a good reference read for
peoplewho want to understand more?
> https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c067367_ISO_IEC_TR_19075-6_2017.zip

Yes, this link looks good to me.  It's technical report, not standard
itself.  So, it may have some little divergences.  But it seems to be
the best free resource available, assuming standard itself isn't free.

> I am uncertain why JSONPath is considered part of the datatype any more so than string functions are considered part
ofthe character datatype
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/functions-string.html

Let me clarify my thoughts.  SQL-level functions jsonb_path_*() (table
9.49) are clearly not part of jsonpath datatype.  But jsonpath
accessors (table 8.25), functions (table 9.44) and operators (table
9.45) are used inside jsonpath value.  So, technically they are parts
of jsonpath datatype.

P.S.  We don't use top posting in mailing lists.  Please, use bottom
posting.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting
for details.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

От: legrand legrand
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Better query optimization for "NOT IN" clause
От: Steven Pousty
Сообщение: Re: JSONPATH documentation