Re: Compiler warnings with stringRelOpts (was WIP: Fast GiST index build)

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Compiler warnings with stringRelOpts (was WIP: Fast GiST index build)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
An array of relopt_string?  Isn't that a bit strange?  If I recall
correctly, the point of this was to be able to allocate the
relopt_string struct and the char array itself as a single palloc unit,
in a single call somewhere in the reloptions API (which was convoluted
in some points precisely to let the string case work).  I don't have the
details of this fresh in my mind though.  It certainly worked with more
than one string option when I committed it, IIRC.
Yes, it seems strange. But it also seems that both were added by your commit of table-based parser:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba748f7a11ef884277b61d1708a17a44acfd1736

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.