Re: Connections hang indefinitely while taking a gin index's LWLockbuffer_content lock

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Connections hang indefinitely while taking a gin index's LWLockbuffer_content lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 1:50 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Patch seems good to me, I'll check it in more detail.
> > > The patch gets posting item at FirstOffsetNumber instead of btree->getLeftMostChild(). This seem OK, since
dataGetLeftMostPage()is doing just the same, but with few Assert()s.

> > I'd like to evade creating GinBtree for just calling
> > getLeftMostChild().  Also, few more places in ginvacuum.c do the same.
> > We have the same amount of Assert()s in ginVacuumPostingTreeLeaves().
> > So, let's keep it uniform.
> >
> > I would also like Peter Geoghegan to take a look at this patch before
> > committing it.
>
> I've slightly adjusted commit message.  I'm going to commit this fix
> if no objections.

Please also find patch changing lock order in ginRedoDeletePage()
preventing deadlock on standby.  I'm going to commit it too.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения