Re: Draft release notes complete

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:22:58PM +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> "Improve GiST box and point index performance by producing better trees with
> less memory allocation overhead (Alexander Korotkov, Heikki Linnakangas, Kevin
> Grittner)"
> Is this note about following two commits?
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=
> 7f3bd86843e5aad84585a57d3f6b80db3c609916
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=
> d50e1251946a6e59092f0a84fc903532eb599a4f
> These improvements influence not only boxes and points but all geometrical
> datatypes.

OK, new wording:

       Improve GiST geometric type index performance by producing better
       trees with less memory allocation overhead (Alexander Korotkov)

Thanks!

Also, I've some notes about removing reviewers.
"Improve GiST index build times (Alexander Korotkov)"
I think Heikki Linnakangas should be also listed as author of that patch because he didn't only review and commit, but actually put his hands on code.

Isn't my authorship of this patch lost now?
I think earlier this patch was taken into account in entry "Add support for range data types". Probably, we need separate entry for this patch?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.