Re: Fillfactor for GIN indexes

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Fillfactor for GIN indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
>>> I am attaching an updated patch, with the default fillfactor value at
>>> 75%, and with the page split code using the fillfactor rate.
>>> Thoughts?
>> Rewritten version of patch is attached. I made following changes:
>
> Thanks! With this patch (and my previous version as well) GIN indexes
> with default fillfactor have a size higher than 9.4 indexes, 9.4
> behavior being consistent only with fillfactor=100 and not the default
> of 90. Are we fine with that?
IMO, this patch has value to control random updates on GIN indexes,
but we should have a default fillfactor of 100 to have index size
consistent with 9.4. Thoughts?

I'm not sure. On the one hand it's unclear why fillfactor should be different from 9.4.
On the other hand it's unclear why it should be different from btree.
I propose marking this "ready for committer". So, committer can make a final decision.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.

От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Check that streaming replica received all data after master shutdown
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Check that streaming replica received all data after master shutdown