Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to be overrun

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to be overrun
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:02 PM R, Siva <sivasubr@amazon.com> wrote:
I'm also running into this assert with the workload, I think my patch is
not handling the case where the action is add items on the last segment
of the page correctly. I'm still investigating the issue further to find the
source of the bug.

Meanwhile I reviewed your patch and it looks good to me. I agree that
copying out the entire tail out to the scratch space in one shot vs copying
out every segment reduces the number of memcpy calls and simplifies
the solution overall. Let us go ahead with this patch.

Thank you for review!  Pushed with minor beautification.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company