Re: Statistics and selectivity estimation for ranges

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Statistics and selectivity estimation for ranges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
And I have a few other questions/comments:

* Why is "summ" spelled with two "m"s? Is it short for "summation"? If
so, might be good to use "summation of" instead of "integrate" in the
comment.

Fixed.

* Why does get_length_hist_frac return 0.0 when i is the last value? Is
that a mistake?

Comment was wrong. Actually it return fraction fraction of ranges which length is *greater*.

* I am still confused by the distinction between rbound_bsearch and
rbound_bsearch_bin. What is the intuitive purpose of each?

I've added corresponding comments. rbound_bsearch is for scalar operators and for bin corresponding to upper bound. rbound_bsearch_bin is now rbound_bsearch_bin_lower. It is for bin corresponding to lower bound.

* You use "constant value" in the comments in several places. Would
"query value" or "search key" be better?

Yes. Fixed.

I also renamed get_length_hist_frac to get_length_hist_summ and rewrote comments about it. Hope it becomes more understandable.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Вложения