Re: PostgreSQL 12 Beta 1 press release draft

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 12 Beta 1 press release draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 6:40 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Attached is a draft of the PG12 Beta 1 press release that is going out
> this Thursday. The primary goals of this release announcement are to
> introduce new features, enhancements, and changes that are available in
> PG12, as well as encourage our users to test and provide feedback to
> help ensure the stability of the release.

Great work!  Thank you for your efforts.

> Speaking of feedback, please provide me with your feedback on the
> technical correctness of this announcement so I can incorporate changes
> prior to the release.

I suggest renaming "Most-common Value Statistics" to "Multicolumn
Most-common Value Statistics".  Looking on current title one may think
we didn't support MCV statistics at all, but we did support
single-column case for a long time.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company