Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 1:09 AM Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 11:31 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > On February 16, 2019 11:22:32 AM PST, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> > >I'm going to post updated patchset next week.  All the issues
> > >highlighted will be resolved there.  So, let's don't decide this too
> > >early.
> >
> > Well, given that the patches still have a lot of the same issues complained about a year ago, where people said we
shouldtry to get them into v11, I'm not sure that that's a realistic goal.

> I'm sorry, a year ago I didn't understand this issue correctly.
> Otherwise, I would push people to do something more productive during
> this year.
>
> If solution I'm going to post next week wouldn't be good enough, there
> is a backup plan.  We can wipe out error suppression completely.  Then
> we implement less part of standard, but still can get something very
> useful into core.

To be more clear.  In both options I'm NOT proposing to commit any
PG_TRY/PG_CATCH anymore :)

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company