[HACKERS] Re: Is anything preventing us from allowing write to foreign tablesfrom standby?

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема [HACKERS] Re: Is anything preventing us from allowing write to foreign tablesfrom standby?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
We're currently blocking writing queries on standby if even they are modifying contents of foreign tables.  But do we have serious reasons for that?
Keeping in the mind FDW-sharding, making FDW-tables writable from standby would be good to prevent single-master bottleneck.
I wrote simple patch enabling writing to foreign tables from standbys.  It works from the first glance for me.

No interest yet, but no objections too :-)
I'm going to add this to next commitfest.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company