Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 4:29 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 2:26 AM Dmitry Koval <d.koval@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> > 18.04.2024 19:00, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> > > leaves a strange constraint:
> > > \d+ t*
> > >                                            Table "public.tp_0"
> > > Not-null constraints:
> > >      "merge-16385-26BCB0-tmp_i_not_null" NOT NULL "i"
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Attached fix (with test) for this case.
> > The patch should be applied after patches
> > v6-0001- ... .patch ... v6-0004- ... .patch
>
> I've incorporated this fix with 0001 patch.
>
> Also added to the patchset
> 005 – tab completion by Dagfinn [1]
> 006 – draft fix for table AM issue spotted by Alexander Lakhin [2]
> 007 – doc review by Justin [3]
>
> I'm continuing work on this.
>
> Links
> 1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/87plumiox2.fsf%40wibble.ilmari.org
> 2. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/84ada05b-be5c-473e-6d1c-ebe5dd21b190%40gmail.com
> 3. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZiGH0xc1lxJ71ZfB%40pryzbyj2023

0001
The way we handle name collisions during MERGE PARTITIONS operation is
reworked by integration of patch [3].  This makes note about commit in
[2] not relevant.

0002
The persistence of the new partition is copied as suggested in [1].
But the checks are in-place, because search_path could influence new
table persistence.  Per review [2], commit message typos are fixed,
documentation is revised, revised tests to cover schema-qualification,
usage of search_path.

0003
Making code more clear that we're not going to dereference the NULL
datum per note in [2].

0004
Gender-neutral terms are used per suggestions in [2].

0005
Commit message revised

0006
Revise documentation mentioning we're going to copy the parent's table
AM.  Regression tests are added.  Commit message revised.

0007
Commit message revised

Links
1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoYcjL%2Bw2BQzku5iNXKR5fyxJMSP3avQta8xngioTX7D7A%40mail.gmail.com