Re: range_agg

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: range_agg
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:03 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:54 AM Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:
> > +    * The idea is to prepend underscores as needed until we make a name that
> > +    * doesn't collide with anything ...
> >
> > I wonder if other characters (e.g. [a-z0-9]) can be used so that name without collision can be found without
callingtruncate_identifier().

> Probably.  But multiranges just shares naming logic already existing
> in arrays.  If we're going to change this, I think we should change
> this for arrays too.  And this change shouldn't be part of multirange
> patch.

I gave this another thought.  Now we have facility to name multirange
types manually.  I think we should give up with underscore naming
completely.  If both replacing "range" with "mutlirange" in the
typename and appending "_multirange" to the type name failed (very
unlikely), then let user manually name the multirange.  Any thoughts?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov