Re: Cube extension kNN support

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Cube extension kNN support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Stas Kelvich <stas.kelvich@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is the patch that introduces kNN search for cubes with euclidean, taxicab and chebyshev distances.
>
> What is the status of this patch?

Referring to our private conversation with Alexander Korotkov, the
patch is in WIP state currently, and, hopefully, will be ready by 9.5.
I'm ready to actively participate in its testing on a real world
production set of data.

I'm not sure if it is doable at all, but are there any possibility to
implement here, or, what would be just great, any ready/half ready
solutions of a Hamming distance based kNN search?

Cube dealing with float8 numbers. There is another patch making it work with other number types. But Hamming distance is for bit vectors, isn't it?

----
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.