Re: Use pg_rewind when target timeline was switched

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Use pg_rewind when target timeline was switched
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
> Seems, patch is ready to commit. But it needs some documentation.

Of what kind? The documentation of pg_rewind is rather explicit on the
subject and looks fine as-is, and that's what Alexander and I agreed
on upthread. If there is something forgotten though, this may be the
fact that we do not mention in 9.5's documentation that pg_rewind can
*not* handle timeline switches.

​However, we can add some explicit statements​ about new pg_rewind capabilities. Please, check attached patch for those statements.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения