Re: WIP: index support for regexp search

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: WIP: index support for regexp search
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually, I generally dislike path matrix for same reasons. But:
1) Output graphs could contain trigrams which are completely useless for search. For example, for regex /(abcdefgh)*ijk/ we need only "ijk" trigram while graph would contain much more.Path matrix is a method to get rid of all of them.
2) If we use color trigrams then we need some criteria for which color trigrams to expand into trigrams. Simultaneously, we shouldn't allow path from initial state to the final by unexpanded trigrams. It seems much harder to do with graph than with matrix.

Now, I have an idea about doing some not comprehensive but simple and fast simplification of graph. I'm doing experiments now. In case of success we could get rid of path matrix.

Attached patch have following changes:
1) Postphone expansion of colors. Graph are building on color trigrams.
2) Selective expansion of color trigrams into simple trigrams. All non-expanded color trigrams are removed. Such removal leads to union of all states pairs connected with corresponding arcs. Surely, this must no lead to union of initial and final states: that could do all previous work senseless.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs
Сообщение: Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs