Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="im">On Sun, Apr
29,2012 at 8:12 AM, Erik Rijkers <<a href="mailto:er@xs4all.nl">er@xs4all.nl</a>> wrote:<br /> > Perhaps I'm
tooearly with these tests, but FWIW I reran my earlier test program against three<br /> > instances.  (the patches
pg_trgmchanges than the<br /> patch actually on this thread, unless I'm missing something.  But the<br /> executive
summaryseems to be that pg_trgm might need to be a bit<br /> smarter about costing the trigram-based search, because
whenthe<br /> number of trigrams is really big, using the index is<br /> counterproductive.  Hopefully that's not too
class="gmail_quote">Right.When number of trigrams is big, it is slow to scan posting list of all of them. The solution
isthis case is to exclude most frequent trigrams from index scan. But, it require some kind of statistics of trigrams
frequencieswhich we don't have. We could estimate frequencies using some hard-coded assumptions about natural
languages.Or we could exclude arbitrary trigrams. But I don't like both these ideas. This problem is also relevant for
similarcould occur in tsearch when we search for "frequent_term & rare_term". In some situations (depending on
termsfrequencies) it's better to exclude  frequent_term from index scan and do recheck. We have relevant statistics to
dosuch decision, but it doesn't seem to be feasible to get it using current GIN interface.</div><div

Сообщение: Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte
Сообщение: Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte