Re: Index maintenance function for BRIN doesn't check RecoveryInProgress()

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Index maintenance function for BRIN doesn't check RecoveryInProgress()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:48 PM Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Three functions: brin_summarize_new_values, brin_summarize_range and
> > brin_desummarize_range can be called during recovery as follows.
> >
> > =# select brin_summarize_new_values('a_idx');
> > ERROR:  cannot acquire lock mode ShareUpdateExclusiveLock on database
> > objects while recovery is in progress
> > HINT:  Only RowExclusiveLock or less can be acquired on database
> > objects during recovery.
> >
> > I think we should complaint "recovery is in progress" error in this
> > case rather than erroring due to lock modes.
> +1

+1,
but current behavior doesn't seem to be bug, but rather not precise
enough error reporting.  So, I think we shouldn't consider
backpatching this.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company