Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> For some other
> storage engine, if we maintain the older version in different storage,
> undo for example, and don't require a new index entry, should we still
> call it HOT-chain?

I would say, emphatically, no.  HOT is a creature of the existing
heap.  If it's creeping into storage APIs they are not really
abstracted from what we have currently.

+1,
different storage may need to insert entries to only *some* of indexes.
Wherein these new index entries may have either same or new TIDs.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company