Re: WIP: index support for regexp search

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: WIP: index support for regexp search
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On Tue, December 18, 2012 08:04, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
I ran the same test again: HEAD versus trgm_regex v6, 7 and 9.  In v9 there is some gain but also
some regression.

It remains a difficult problem...

If I get some time in the holidays I'll try to diversify the test program; it is now too simple.

Note, that regexes which contains {,n} are likely not what do you expect.

test=# select 'xq' ~ 'x[aeiou]{,2}q';
 ?column?
(1 row)

test=# select 'xa{,2}q' ~ 'x[aeiou]{,2}q';
 ?column?
(1 row)

You should use {0,n} to express from 0 to n occurences.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.