Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
On 16 Sep 2017 02:32, "Nikita Glukhov" <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
On 15.09.2017 22:36, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
Can we expect a rebased version of this patch for this commitfest?  Since it’s
a rather large feature it would be good to get it in as early as we can in the
process.
Again, given that this needs a "major" rebase and hasn't been updated
in a month, and given that the CF is already half over, this should
just be bumped to the next CF.  We're supposed to be trying to review
things that were ready to go by the start of the CF, not the end.
We are supporting v10 branch in our github repository
https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson_v10

Since the first post we made a lot of changes, mostly because of
better understanding the standard and availability of technical report
(http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c067367_ISO_IEC_TR_19075-6_2017.zip).
Most important are:

1.We abandoned FORMAT support, which could confuse our users, since we
have data types json[b].

2. We use XMLTABLE infrastructure, extended for  JSON_TABLE support.

3. Reorganize commits, so we could split one big patch by several
smaller patches, which could be reviewed independently.

4. The biggest problem is documentation, we are working on it.

Nikita will submit patches soon.

Attached archive with 9 patches rebased onto latest master.

0001-jsonpath-v02.patch:
 - jsonpath type
 - jsonpath execution on jsonb type
 - jsonpath operators for jsonb type
 - GIN support for jsonpath operators

0002-jsonpath-json-v02.patch:
 - jsonb-like iterators for json type
 - jsonpath execution on json type
 - jsonpath operators for json type

0003-jsonpath-extensions-v02.patch:
0004-jsonpath-extensions-tests-for-json-v02.patch:
 - some useful standard extensions with tests
 0005-sqljson-v02.patch:
 - SQL/JSON constructors (JSON_OBJECT[AGG], JSON_ARRAY[AGG])
 - SQL/JSON query functions (JSON_VALUE, JSON_QUERY, JSON_EXISTS)
 - IS JSON predicate

0006-sqljson-json-v02.patch:
 - SQL/JSON support for json type and tests

0007-json_table-v02.patch:
 - JSON_TABLE using XMLTABLE infrastructure

0008-json_table-json-v02.patch:
 - JSON_TABLE support for json type

0009-wip-extensions-v02.patch:
 - FORMAT JSONB
 - jsonb to/from bytea casts
 - jsonpath operators
 - some unfinished jsonpath extensions

Originally, JSON path was implemented only for jsonb type, and I decided to
add jsonb-like iterators for json type for json support implementation with
minimal changes in JSON path code.  This solution (see jsonpath_json.c from
patch 0002) looks a little dubious to me, so I separated json support into
independent patches.

The last WIP patch 0009 is unfinished and contains a lot of FIXMEs.  But
the ability to use arbitrary Postgres operators in JSON path with explicitly
specified  types is rather interesting, and I think it should be shown now
to get a some kind of pre-review.

We are supporting v11 and v10 branches in our github repository:

https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson
https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson_wip
https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson_v10
https://github.com/postgrespro/sqljson/tree/sqljson_v10_wip

We provide web interface to our build

+1,
For experimenting with SQL/JSON select "PostgreSQL 10dev+SQL/JSON" in the version select field on top toolbar.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company