Re: Operator class parameters and sgml docs

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Operator class parameters and sgml docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 2:00 PM Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 2:50 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 4:24 AM Alexander Korotkov
> > <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> > > Thank you for patience.  The documentation patch is attached.  I think
> > > it requires review by native english speaker.
> >
> > * "...paramaters that controls" should be "...paramaters that control".
> >
> > * "with set of operator class specific option" should be "with a set
> > of operator class specific options".
> >
> > * "The options could be accessible from each support function" should
> > be "The options can be accessed from other support functions"
>
> Fixed, thanks!
>
> > It's very hard to write documentation like this, even for native
> > English speakers. I think that it's important to have something in
> > place, though. The GiST example helps a lot.
>
> I've added a complete example for defining a set of parameters and
> accessing them from another support function to the GiST
> documentation.

I'm going to push this patch if there are no objections.  I'm almost
sure that documentation of opclass options will require further
adjustments.  However, I think the current patch makes it better, not
worse.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company