Re: Tab completion not working on OSX Lion (10.7.3)

От Bryan Hughes
Тема Re: Tab completion not working on OSX Lion (10.7.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I now have "libreadline.a" in /usr/local/lib. Assuming that's the goal, would you be kind enough to walk me through the next step -- linking that lib to psql?

bryan

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bryan Hughes <huuuze@gmail.com> writes:
> Prior to updating my Snow Leopard Mac to OSX Lion (10.7.3), I was able to
> open psql from a terminal and then use "tab complete" to auto-complete
> table or field names (i.e., "select * from [TAB -- list of table names]").
> Unfortunately, something appears to have changed and tab complete now does
> nothing.

> Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Apple broke this (again, or should I say worse) in their Lion update of
libedit.  There's discussion of that in the PG archives.  On track
record so far, nothing will be done about it before Mountain Lion, and
that version will have an all-new set of bugs instead.

If you're using psql to any significant extent on OS X, I'd recommend
installing GNU libreadline and then building a copy of psql linked to
that.

(Note: /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib is *not* GNU readline, despite the
name; it's merely a symlink to libedit.)