Re: best practice to patch a postgresql version?

От qihua wu
Тема Re: best practice to patch a postgresql version?
Дата
Re: best practice to patch a postgresql version?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Re: best practice to patch a postgresql version?  ("Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Ron,

But on a critical production database, we need to cut down the downtime as much as possible. If just remove a version, and then install a new version, both of them need a downtime. If we can install several versions on different location, switching version will have a shorter downtime: just stop the old version and start using the new binary, and we have no downtime when remove/install a new version.