Re: Incremental sort for access method with ordered scan support (amcanorderbyop)

От Miroslav Bendik
Тема Re: Incremental sort for access method with ordered scan support (amcanorderbyop)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks, for suggestions.

On Sun 02. 07. 2023 at 10:18 Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. For comment "On success, the result list is ordered by pathkeys.", I
> think it'd be more accurate if we say something like "On success, the
> result list is ordered by pathkeys or a prefix list of pathkeys."
> considering the possibility of incremental sort.
>
> 2. The comment below is not true anymore.
>
>    /*
>     * Note: for any failure to match, we just return NIL immediately.
>     * There is no value in matching just some of the pathkeys.
>     */
> We should either remove it or change it to emphasize that we may return
> a prefix of the pathkeys for incremental sort.

Comments are updated now.

Submitted <https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/4433/>

--
Best regards
Miroslav

Вложения

От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: Incremental View Maintenance, take 2
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Should CSV parsing be stricter about mid-field quotes?