Re: Update of partition key on foreign server

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Update of partition key on foreign server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 11:10 PM Ilya Gladyshev
<i.gladyshev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> I have developed a simple patch to fix this, while I’m not fully satisfied with it, it gets the job done.

Thanks for working on this!

> In message [1] there’s also mentioned possibility of existence of triggers on the foreign server, and transforming
theupdate to delete+insert will cause these triggers to be omitted.

Yeah, I still think so.

> While it is true, I feel like partition pruning already has a similar effect, as it allows to skip scanning foreign
partitions.

I don’t fully understand this part.  Could you elaborate a bit more on it?

> The only way to both fix the update and have the triggers work, that I came up with, is to use parent partitioned
tableas a target for the foreign update (FDW request would then be "UPDATE public.players …"), while this is possible,
itrequires the foreign server to have the same partitioned table, which seems quite restrictive to me.

Yeah, that would be too restrictive.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Separate out FileSet from SharedFileSet (was Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o)
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Support reset of Shared objects statistics in "pg_stat_reset" function