Re: BUG #16631: postgres_fdw tries to insert into generated columns

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: BUG #16631: postgres_fdw tries to insert into generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Peter Eisentraut
> On 07.07.21 09:20, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> > * Modified nodeModifyTable.c and copyfrom.c so that they don't compute
> > generated columns for FDWs anymore.
>
> I don't agree with that change.  What is the point of declaring a
> generated column on a foreign table if you ignore it?  Then you might as
> well prohibit declaring such columns in the first place.

I made that change as FDWs could call ExecComputeStoredGenerated() by
themselves if necessary.  I think that that would be consistent with
the constraint case.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita