Re: The case when AsyncAppend exists also in the qual of Async ForeignScan

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: The case when AsyncAppend exists also in the qual of Async ForeignScan
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 3:39 PM Andrey V. Lepikhov
<a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On 7/27/21 3:50 PM, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 3:22 PM Andrey V. Lepikhov
> > <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> > Here is an updated version of the patch, in which I added/tweaked
> > comments a bit further.  I'm planning to push this version if there
> > are no objections from others.
> I used this patch in TPC-H benchmark (that caused initial error) and it
> finished without problems.

Good to know!

> Queries and their explains are attached. You could look for situations
> when async append was not used.

Interesting!  Yeah, async exection doesn't apply to Merge Append, so
let's improve to support async-aware Merge Append.

Thanks for the testing!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita