Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 10:28 AM movead.li@highgo.ca
<movead.li@highgo.ca> wrote:
> I test the patch and occur several issues as blow:

Thank you for the review!

> Issue one:
> Get a Assert error at 'Assert(bms_is_member(i, node->as_needrequest));' in
> ExecAppendAsyncRequest() function when I use more than two foreign table
> on different foreign server.
>
> I research the code and do such change then the Assert problom disappear.

Could you show a test case causing the assertion failure?

> Issue two:
> Then I test and find if I have sync subplan and async sunbplan, it will run over
> the sync subplan then the async turn, I do not know if it is intent.

Did you use a partitioned table with only two partitions where one is
local and the other is remote?  If so, that would be expected, because
in that case, 1) the patch would first send an asynchronous query to
the remote, 2) it would then process the local partition until the
end, 3) it would then wait/poll the async event, and 4) it would
finally process the remote partition when the event occurs.

Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita