Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Mark,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 1:39 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> There is stray whitespace in v30-0002:
>
> src/backend/partitioning/partbounds.c:4557: space before tab in indent.
> +                       outer_null_unmerged = true;

Good catch!

> I have added tests checking correctness and showing some partition pruning limitations.  Find three patches,
attached.

> The v31-0001-… patch merely applies your patches as a starting point for the next two patches.  It is your work, not
mine.

> The v31-0002-… patch adds more regression tests for range partitioning.  The commit message contains my comments
aboutthat.

> The v31-0003-… patch adds more regression tests for list partitioning, and again, the commit message contains my
commentsabout that.

The PWJ behavior shown by the tests you added looks interesting!  I'll
dig into it more closely.  Thanks for the patches and review!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita