Re: psql on Mac

От Ozan Kahramanogullari
Тема Re: psql on Mac
Дата
Re: psql on Mac  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Well, I took the default settings when I was installing PostgreSQL. And, yes, I ran the "show" commands on the command line console; it gave an error. I ran the "show" commands on the psql prompt that delivered nothing, no error as well.

I am open to any suggestions, including reinstalling everything from scratch, if there are any precise instructions.

I am not ruling out that I am doing something wrong. Though, I was convinced that following simple instructions would not be that hard. I have tried to provide all the information in the previous emails. I am puzzled myself; after all, this is quite a standard platform (Mac) and all I am trying to do is access some SQL database with a python file (see below).

 Cheers,
Ozan

######## SQL stuff ###########

CREATE TABLE flights (
    id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
    origin VARCHAR NOT NULL,
    destination VARCHAR NOT NULL,
    duration INTEGER NOT NULL
);

INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('New York', 'London', 415);
INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('Shanghai', 'Paris', 760);
INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('Istanbul', 'Tokyo', 700);
INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('New York', 'Paris', 435);
INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('Moscow', 'Paris', 245);
INSERT INTO flights (origin, destination, duration) VALUES ('Lima', 'New York', 455);

######## python file ##########
import os

from sqlalchemy import create_engine
from sqlalchemy.orm import scoped_session, sessionmaker

engine = create_engine(os.getenv("DATABASE_URL"))
db = scoped_session(sessionmaker(bind=engine))

def main():
    flights = db.execute("SELECT origin, destination, duration FROM flights").fetchall()
    for flight in flights:
        print(f"{flight.origin} to {flight.destination}, {flight.duration} minutes.")

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()
##############################

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 11:42, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ozan Kahramanogullari <ozan.kah@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Tom, Thank you! I copied and pasted the content of your pg_hba file as
> it is. Then, I rebooted my computer.  There is only one installation of
> postgreSQL, so there is only such file. It is in the folder
> "/Library/PostgreSQL/10/data".

I'm a bit suspicious of that, first because that doesn't seem like a
normal place to put Postgres, and second because it's not working for
you so there must be *something* incorrect in what you've told us.
Did you confirm the server's notion of where pg_hba.conf is via
"show" and/or the view?