Re: Fault with initcap

От Metin Ulusinan
Тема Re: Fault with initcap
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Problem is about with parantesheses in text
and real problem is non alphanumeric chars.
Different samples will cause different problems.
We don't know about your data and samples.

But i changed the code again from original one.
I deleted  " ' " char in regexp function code.
It seems better than before.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.initcap2(text)
 RETURNS text
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $function$
DECLARE
sentence TEXT := '';
word_array TEXT[];
word TEXT;
word_out TEXT;
BEGIN
sentence := $1;

IF sentence is NULL THEN
RETURN NULL;
END IF;

FOREACH word IN ARRAY word_array
LOOP
word_out := upper(left(word, 1)) || lower(substring(word, 2));
sentence := replace(sentence, word, word_out);
END LOOP;

RETURN trim(sentence);
END;
$function$