Re: BUG #17303: statement_timeout does not work always

От RekGRpth
Тема Re: BUG #17303: statement_timeout does not work always
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ok, thanks.

I solve it by

psql -c "BEGIN;SET statement_timeout = 1000;COMMIT;select pg_sleep(2);"
ERROR:  canceling statement due to statement timeout

this works in both 10.19 and 14.1

пн, 29 нояб. 2021 г. в 19:53, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> > in postgres 10.19
> > psql -c "SET statement_timeout = 1000;select pg_sleep(2);"
> >  pg_sleep
> > ----------
>
> > (1 row)
>
> > Why statement_timeout does not work always in postgres 10.19?
>
> When you use -c that way, the two statements are sent as a single Query
> message.  PG versions before 11 interpreted the timeout as taking effect
> beginning with the next Query message.  11 and later define it
> differently.  There's no bug here, or at least nothing we're going to change.
>
> A workaround you could use in older versions is to use two separate -c
> switches (although you need a 9.6 or later psql for that).

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)