Re: BUG #18078: createdb not working

От Orhan Punar
Тема Re: BUG #18078: createdb not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
That's not fair.

I installed postgresql on ubuntu version 22.04.3, i am using postgres 15.4. Prior to this I was using the latest LTS versions. This was done on my home laptop.

After installation i switch to the postgres user. And I type createdb command with the following options.

createdb -p 5432 -U postgres {clustername}

This worked perfectly fine and I could create this without issue. Whenever I do this now nothing happens, there is no message or anything. I think this is an ubuntu issue since postgres hasn't been updated for a long time.

So i tried with another port number like 5433 then i get this error:

createdb: error: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5433" failed: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on that socket?

I have also tried the initdb command to initialize database clusters but had no success.

Is there another way to achieve this? i've checked most of the documentations.

Orhan Punar

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 6:20 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2023, at 17:04, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Since i updated postgresql i receive errors when i try to createdb as
> postgres user. The new package has bugs, it has affected my server instances
> as well. Is this a known bug?

Since you haven't provided a single piece of information about what you
percieve as wrong there is no way for anyone to help you.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

--
Exalted Soft
CEO

Сообщение: Re: BUG #18078: createdb not working
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18078: createdb not working